Competitions: win a fab trip to Iceland with The Shape of Water
We’re all eagerly awaiting the arrival of The Shape of Water, from the brilliant Guillermo Del Toro, which hits UK cinemas on February 16th, and stars Sally Hawkins, Doug Jones, Michael Shannon and Octavia Spencer. The word of mouth on this film has been tremendous, it has been featuring heavily in numerous nominations this award season and our own film fiend Garth said in his review (see here) that it was Del Toro’s finest work since Pan’s Labyrinth, which is very high praise. I’ve been a huge admirer of Del Toro’s work ever since the wonderfully unusual Cronos years back, but I am even more excited than usual for this new film. Here’s a quick synopsis:
“The Shape of Water is an other-worldly fairy tale, set against the backdrop of Cold War era America circa 1962. In the hidden high-security government laboratory where she works, lonely Elisa is trapped in a life of isolation. Elisa’s life is changed forever when she and co-worker Zelda discover a secret classified experiment. ”
To celebrate the movie’s highly-anticipated release, Forbidden Planet is giving away a trip for two to Iceland where you’ll discover one of the most mysterious water attractions in the world; The Blue Lagoon! Enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape as you soak in the healing waters of this world-famous geothermal spa, filled with heated water sourced from deep below the earth’s surface! Two nights’ luxury accommodation in the incredible city of Reykjavik completes this trip of a lifetime, with The Shape of Water and Forbidden Planet International!
The prize package for 2 adults includes:
Return flights from major international airports in the UK (London, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belfast) to Reykjavik, Iceland
Return airport transfers in Reykjavik
2 nights’ luxury hotel accommodation (4* min) in Reykjavik, sharing a double/twin room
Blue Lagoon entrance and return transfers
To be in with a chance of winning this astonishing prize, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Shape of Water; email only, please, any answers in the comments section will not be counted) by midnight on Sunday 25th of February with your contact details and the answer to the following question: the brilliant Doug Jones has embodied numerous fantastical beings for Del Toro, which two creatures did he play in Pan’s Labyrinth?:
A) The Faun and the Pale Man
B) The Spawn and the Pale Rider
C) The Prawn and the Pale Face
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The winner will be drawn at random from all entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
- Forbidden Planet International do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
- No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- Unless otherwise stated, the Competition is not open to employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
- This competition is promoted by Forbidden Planet International. Forbidden Planet International’s decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Forbidden Planet International reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.