Back in the 90s Reeltime made some very interesting films that were unofficial but set in the Doctor Who universe, using several much-loved cast members from the series in stories which built on and expanded the Whoniverse (and also gave us some Who fix when the series was off the air). Recently there have been some very welcome re-issues of these works on DVD by Koch Media – Daemos Rising, which followed the classic Pertwee-era The Daemons, was released again earlier this year (and is reviewed by Richmond here). The latest is the Mindgame trilogy, being re-released on a two DVD set on November 14th. which includes the original films and a pile of extra, and boasting McCoy-era companion Sophie Aldred.
From the Description:
“In Mindgame, a classic “prison cell” drama from the late ’90s, three diverse life forms are mysteriously transported to a cell somewhere in time & space and forced to fight. A human played by Sophie Aldred (‘Ace’ in Doctor Who), a Sontaran and a Draconian (played by Miles Richardson – son of Ian). Mindgame is the first and only time Sontarans (first featured in the Jon Pertwee era Doctor Who story The Time Warrior) and Draconians (also first seen in a Jon Pertwee era Doctor Who story, Frontier in Space) meet.
The two-disc set also includes Mindgame Trilogy, the sequel to Mindgame, in which we find out what happened to the three combatants after the battle and several extras, including a Making Of documentary. Mindgame Saga stars Sophie Aldred (Doctor Who) and Miles Richardson. From the pen of Doctor Who writer and script editor Terrance Dicks and directed by Keith Barnfather (Downtime, Daemos Rising).”
We have several copies of Mindgame up for grabs and one especially lucky winner will also get a collectable Jon Pertwee figure! To be in with a chance of scoring this loot, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Mindgame) by midnight on Sunday 27th of November with your contact details and the answer to the following question: What is the name of Sophie Aldred’s Doctor Who companion?:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The winner will be drawn at random from all entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
- Forbidden Planet International do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
- No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- Unless otherwise stated, the Competition is not open to employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
- This competition is promoted by Forbidden Planet International. Forbidden Planet International’s decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Forbidden Planet International reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.