Win Studio Ghibli Blu-ray Bundle with THE WIND RISES
The Wind Rises, in cinemas May 9th.
As long time blog readers will know, we’re huge fans of Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli in general. So, as you’d imagine we’re pretty excited to be offering you the chance to win one of three Miyazaki Blu-ray bundles to celebrate the release of his farewell film The Wind Rises on May 9th.
Jiro dreams of flying and designing beautiful airplanes, inspired by the famous Italian aeronautical designer Caproni. Nearsighted from a young age and thus unable to become a pilot, he joins the aircraft division of a major Japanese engineering company in 1927. His genius is soon recognized, and he grows to become one of the world’s most accomplished airplane designers.
THE WIND RISES chronicles much of Jiro’s life, and depicts key historical events that affected deeply the course of his life, including The Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923, The Great Depression, the tuberculosis epidemic, and Japan’s plunge into war. He meets and falls in love with Nahoko, grows and cherishes his friendship with his colleague Honjo, and innovates tremendously, leading the world of aviation into the future.
For a chance to win a Miyazaki Blu-ray bundle comprised of the equally fantastic Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle, and My Neighbour Totoro, simply email email@example.com with the answer to the following question:
In The Wind Rises, which Italian aeronautical designer is Jiro inspired by?
The competition closes on May 19th, 2014. Good luck! We’ll see you at the cinema!
Keeping up to date with us on Facebook? Be sure to like Studio Ghibli’s UK page here: www.facebook.com/studioghibliuk
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The winner will be drawn at random from all entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
- Forbidden Planet International do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
- No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- Unless otherwise stated, the Competition is not open to employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
- This competition is promoted by Forbidden Planet International. Forbidden Planet International’s decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Forbidden Planet International reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
©2013 Nibariki – GNDHDDTK