Do you make comics? Well we want them in our Nostalgia & Comics branch!

Published On August 25, 2009 | By Joe Gordon | Comics

N&C

Our Birmingham Nostalgia and Comics branch has had a lovely refit in the past few months. I’ve always had a great love for this store – after all I did spend 19 years there and was sad to leave when we moved the family up here to Yorkshire. It’s a store with an incredible history and is certainly one of the largest comic shops in the country.

I happen to think the refit really puts Nostalgia & Comics into another league as far as comic shops go. We really want to make it one of the best in the country with a stock range that is second to none. As part of this we will have a small, dedicated section which is reserved for small press comics. And you know how much we enjoy our small press comics here on the FPI blog.

So we really need your help. If you have a comic you’d like to see on the shelves in Nostalgia & Comics, then get in touch, either with us on the blog for answers to any questions you may have or direct to Nostalgia & Comics manager Dave Hopkins on 0121 643 0143 (and if you’re local to the Birmingham store – pop in in person and say hello).

The deal is full S.O.R. – i.e. we can return any to you that are unsold when either you or we decide they’ve been there long enough; we will take 30% of the cover price – you can decide what that is – and you take the other 70%. We will pay you for every sold copy on a bi-monthly (every two months) basis. Basically what we took in less what we have left – less 30% of cover price and that’s your share.You post to the store at your expense and the store covers any return post.

This could be a great opportunity to get your great comics in front of many more people – give it a go – you’ve nothing to lose! We look forward to hearing from you all.

Richard.

Like this Article? Share it!

About The Author

Joe Gordon

Joe Gordon is ForbiddenPlanet.co.uk’s chief blogger, which he set up in 2005. Previously, he was professional bookseller for over 12 years as well as a lifelong reader and reviewer, especially of comics and science fiction works.

One Response to Do you make comics? Well we want them in our Nostalgia & Comics branch!

  1. Emperor says:

    Good news – why not combine this idea with “no comics week” and have a big push on independent and small press comics? You’d be able to help get people to try something different and develop the market at the same time.